Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2019

Exploring BEDMAS by Lydia

📘BEDMAS - The Order of Operations📘
IALT: Blog about Algebraic Computations

Talofa Lava and welcome to my blog! Yesterday for Maths Room 9, we learned about BEDMAS which is an acronym for:

Image result for bedmas
BEDMAS is a Mathematical Operation that you would use to solve an equation. Here is an example of a BEDMAS question: 

6 - ( 9 - 2) + 3 x 6


Before learning about BEDMAS I always thought that you simply solve the question in the order that it is presented. But then I discovered the BEDMAS principles and how you should apply it when solving equations. This is how I would normally solve the question before I learned about BEDMAS:

6 - 9

But since I couldn't do that I would get stuck in the equation and the answer would've been wrong. After learning about BEDMAS and what it is, this is how I would solve the problem:
6 - ( 9 - 2) + 3 x 6
Simplify:
6 - 7 + 3x6
6 - 7 + 18
6 - 7 + 18
24 - 7 
= 17 

Image result for maths gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really enjoy learning about BEDMAS because it teaches me how to solve various equations using multiple operations.    I can't wait to learn more about BEDMAS!
Question of the blog: Have you ever learned about BEDMAS? How has it helped you in your Mathematical Learning?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment