Pages

Thursday 16 September 2021

Something Sinister by Lily

 Bonjour readers and welcome back to my blog! Today's blog post is about my writing journey. We've recently done a very new topic to me and it's about conspiracy theories.  


If you don't know what conspiracy theories are, I'll be explaining it in my writing down here. As for my structure, I've decided to use an explanation writing as a vehicle and I hope that you enjoy my story! 

What are conspiracy theories? It is a theory that is a belief that an influential organisation is responsible for an unexplained event, for example, is Covid-19 real or not. There are many popular conspiracy theories out there in the world that most scientists or a group of people explain how they believe it's fake or real! 

My conspiracy theory is about a show that  is very popular and has still been going on for these past few years! It’s about Spongebob, everyone's childhood favourite but there’s a twist with the show. What is Spongebob you may ask? It is a show that everyone liked to watch as a child, it’s very popular even today and the show has been going on for nearly 22 years. I’ve generally found it to be a good show, that is filled with lots of fun and joy. 

One of the theories is that it is believed that Spongebob’s characters are the seven deadly sins! So is there a darker, more sinister side to a much loved cartoon animation? Let’s explore.

One of the seven deadly sins is represented by Sandy. She is represented as knowing for pride why? Because she's always overjoyed when she is really good at something (which makes her kinda crazy). 

Mr Krabs is very greedy when it comes to money, he only cares about being rich which is why he's obsessed when someone tries to steal the Krabby Patty Formula, because it makes him rich and more money more obsession. 

Pearl (Mr Krabs Daughter) she is very boy-crazy and that's so weird but she's super obsessed with boys. Plankton always tries to find out Mr Krabs Krabby Patty formula and it makes him so jealous that he envies Mr Krabs and always tries but never gives up on his dream to open a famous restaurant that everyone would love. 

Mrs Puff is always addicted to eating too much which is making her eat too much and turn a bit fat, she also has a very bad temper with Spongebob. 

Squidward is always angst with everything, his job, work and life. He still keeps going but just in a bad mood every single day. Patrick is a sloth who is lazy but has down side syndrome ever since his parents didn't want him, he lives under a rock and sleeps too much that is why Patrick is unemployed (he's just too lazy like me sometimes!

Although every character is unique and has their own way of teaching us on what we should become one day. In my opinion it’s about us knowing that we only live once, that we need to pick up what we all learn, that we can never give up and that we can lead our own pathway to success for our own future. 

Most of all is that your dreams do come true. If you have your own, mature, growth mindset! This conspiracy theory has taught me a lot about myself and my own struggle. I’ve learnt from it and I’m grateful that I know I can change into a better person! 

So, am I reading too much into this or should I rather just take the cartoon at face value. I am really looking forward to hearing all your responses and thoughts about my topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment