Pages

Thursday 28 February 2019

Hauora (Well Being) - Metaphor


We have kick started this term with the topic about Hauora which is about our well-being. We have been encouraged to use clay or play dough to create a metaphor that illustrates our well-being. 

We have learnt that Dr Mason Durie uses a metaphor of a house - Te Whare Tapa Wha - to describe a persons well-being. There are four walls to a persons well being which are 

Taha Tinana - Physical well being 
Taha Wairua - Spiritural well being 
Tara Hinegano - Mental well being 
Taha Whanau - Social well being 

We have had tremendous fun creating our metaphor that represents our Hauora. Here are some DLOs that have helped us develop our understanding about Hauora and reflect on our Hauora. 







4 comments:

  1. Hi Kia Manawanui Syndicate
    I am in the Kia Manawanui Syndicate but I was not here for this, what I liked about it was that when everyone was making things out of clay it was so creative and I liked it. I also liked how you were talking about the te whare tapa wha and what it represents.
    Keep to good work up Kia Manawanui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kia manawanui

    I really like the photos and pieces of art that you made with clay. What I liked the most is that you added lots of colours into your art. What you could improve on is add more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Im Bella from Marshland School. I really like the way you took alot of time and effort by putting those amazing flags on your slideshow.

    Regards Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Louvina and I am a year 7 Student in the kia Manawanui Syndicate at Tamaki Primary School. I like your post.

    ReplyDelete