Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Reflecting on our Learning Experience at the Auckland Museum

(Part 1)
On Tuesday in the morning, half of KIA MANAWANUI went to the Auckland MUSEUM! Just to let you know, this was my FIRST and SECOND time going to the Museum so I was pretty excited and pumped. We first did the role call of course and then got some name tags from our teachers to pin on our shirt, we also had to put our Morning Tea in a big bin and wait for the next instruction.

As we hopped on the bus, everyone admired the seats, and T.V. But unlucky, we weren't able to touch it, ONLY the seat belts and the chair, OFF we went to the Museum! 

When we got there, I think EVERYONE was excited, especially me since it WAS my first time going to the Museum I think. We got off've the bus and headed towards the entrance where we got greeted from Wendy & Angelique who will be our instructors for the days.

We went into this learning centre where there was HEAPS of cool things which I haven't seen before like Stop-Motion, Virtual Reality, Robots, Paint 3D, and Green Screen which we all got a turn to explore. The ONLY thing I knew about was 'Tinkercad' because I used this particular app in Graphics at Technology.

We got into pairs and went around clockwise so EVERYONE can have a turn, it was actually SO cool. The one I enjoyed the MOST was Virtual Reality because you get given these types of goggles that takes you into another world, and also 2 remotes which provides you to draw and do WHATEVER. I think that was what MOST people enjoyed too!

After getting to experience ALL of this, my group headed with Tom & Aaron, while the other group that was them came back to the learning centre. Off we went to the 'Volcanic Eruption' exhibition! When we got there, it was actually SO cool because they had made a fake volcano that looked SO realistic. There also was a little house where it takes you through a experience of a Volcanic Eruption, since it was my first time at the museum, I was quite afraid of what would happened because it IS a Volcanic Eruption Experience right? So obviously, I didn't know what would happened but when the room started to shaking, it did quite give me a big shock, but the only reason that made me a bit shocked, and upset was because I wonder what the people had felt during this horrifying experience.


Straight away when the Volcanic Eruption experience had been done, we went around exploring and learning NEW things about it. We also got to see these types of rocks that came out of Volcanes like for e.g - Basalt, Lava Bombs, Scoria, Obsidian and more...There was these lava rocks that were protected in this cage so NO one can run away with it, but the reason why they put it there so everyone can have a turn to lift it up, like to see it if they can lift it or not!

(Part 2)

On Friday, we went AGAIN to the Museum but this time, it was to create something relating to natural disasters that we could use on one of the tools that we got to experience on Tuesday.

For the project that we will be creating, myself & my buddies are using the Green Screen, Paint 3D, and also VIRTUAL REALITY! On the VR, it was quite difficult to do it but we got a hang of it which was good and we also got to finish off drawing all of it, which meant that we were on to the part where we start to create it.

It wasn't really that fun like Tuesday because we had to plan a lot and also had to create something using the tools like I just said, but it was difficult because we needed to use the tools a LOT and to add to that, we had to try and think hard and fast so we would be able to finish it off until Angelique & Wendy told us that they will come to our school in September to help us finish it off which was very relieving!

I can't wait for them to come so I can finish off my project that I made with my fellow buddies Kensington, and Aletheia!

Question : Have you been to the Museum before? If so, what's your favourite exhibition?
Comment below!

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment