Pages

Sunday 11 August 2019

🐦🐓NZ scientist discover a giant extinct parrot🐦🐓 by Auckland

I found this really interesting article while doing my current events independent task.  The next part of our inquiry is about evolution and this article would be a great segue into our group conference. 
Image result for “Heracles inexpectatus”
The bird is believed to have stood up to one metre tall and to have had a massive beak capable of cracking open most food sources.  
The parrot has been named “Heracles inexpectatus”.Researchers say the parrot was found in fossils dating back 19 million years.
The fossils were found near St Bathans in Central Otago, an area renowned for turning up evidence of ancient birds.
The fossil is around twice the size of a kākāpō, which until now was the largest known parrot.

Image result for collage of “Heracles inexpectatus”

5 comments:

  1. Hi
    I am Albin from Yaldhurst model school.
    I liked your blog because it is quite informative.
    I liked the interesting facts about Heracles inexpectatus that is used in this blog. To improve,you could add some more pictures in this blog post.
    Anyway this blog post was amazing. I have a question when was this parrot extinct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Albin for commenting on my blog post. To answer your question no one has found out when it was extinct yet.
      But scientists found the fossils in 2008. Again thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Hi TPS. It's Mikael from Yaldhurst School. I really like how you have lots of facts about the bird. Next time I think you should try to add some more colour, Like change the colour of the words. Apart from that it is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, TPS Kia Manawanui my name is Jacob from Yaldhurst Model School. I really like this blog post you did about the Discover a giant. Extinct Parrot this is really cool next time you should like add a picture of your working out. But it's a cool blog post I enjoyed reading it well I hope you enjoyed doing this work bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, TPS!
    I am Teegan from Yaldhurst Model School I am a year 7.
    I liked your blog because it is quite informative.
    I liked the interesting facts about Heracles inexpectatus that is used in this blog. To improve,you could add some more pictures in this blog post.
    Anyway this blog post was amazing. I have a question when was this parrot extinct?
    Kind Regards,

    Teegan .J.D

    ReplyDelete