Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Raranga Matihiko Programme at the Auckland Museum by Constance - Part 2

On Friday , half of the Kia Manawanui syndicate once again went to the museum. The reason why we went for another trip to the museum, was to finish off our last session from Tuesday. 

This was a great day!
I really enjoyed my time at the museum.
It was even better, spending time and learning new things with our instructors
- Angelique and Wendy.
They are the people who taught me how to use the gadgets
around the museum. Gadgets such as
: Stop motion, Virtual Reality, 3D painting, and the green screen.
It was fun getting to experience tools I haven't used often or before.
Although, my favourite gadget was the virtual reality.
This was because, I got to create my own world. ‘Something magical’.
It made me feel like I was in wonderland!
Nice environment and snowmans everywhere.
It sounds weird, but remember this is me creating my own world.
I also liked the virtual reality because it made me feel like I was being filmed,
like in a movie!
What I found challenging was needing the clay for the stop motion
, and having to move the clay when using the stop motion.
Because when I would move the clay, at least one piece of it would fall off,
and it would make other parts of clay collapse.
This was also frustrating for me.
Throughout this whole session something i’ve learned was,
how natural disasters are caused and predictions ‘Te Ao Maori’ believe.
Example: Have you ever heard of Tangaroa. He is god of the ocean.
Some Maori tribes believe that Tangaroa
is what causes tsunami, as he is god of the ocean.
Besides this, it was great getting to learn stories and beliefs of
how natural disasters happen. What I really wanted to learn/ and do,
was think beyond the box about how earthquakes are caused, and are
their other ways earthquakes are caused.
I also would’ve liked if my group went for a tour around
other exhibitions to learn more about our topic.
Next time, I think I could use an object -Eg.Toothpick,Skewer -
to hold my clay together, this is so my art piece stays together with foundation.
The first step to making this change is, buying the objects I need and
being prepared for when the day comes.
What day? The instructors will be visiting our school with the work we’ve done,
and we will be finishing off our unfinished work.
Question: Have you ever used stop motion? Do you find it challenging, or easy to use?
And What objects do you use for your stop motion?





















Thank you for reading my blog! And I hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Room 9 and 10, I see you guys doing some wonderful learning at the museum. I believe all this experience will help you learn about our topic - ' Technological World'.

    ReplyDelete