Pages

Friday 3 August 2018

Kiwisport Boxing by Akih

WALT: know how to punch for boxing.
Today's topic is about...
-KiwiSport (BOXING)-
Image result for Boxing learning
So today I'm gonna be blogging about Kiwi sport. So in term 3 we have our kiwi sport and this time it's boxing, so for the past 6 weeks or 9 weeks we have boxing for kiwi sport. So last week for kiwi sport I wasn't in school but this week I was at school! I get to blog about kiwi sport, but I blogged the kiwi sport reflection late (πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…). 
Image result for boxing drawing
So we first split up into 2 groups, those 2 groups was Mrs. Komor's & Mrs. Aireen's. For me I was in the group of Mrs. Aireen and I was with my 2 best friends which is Fa'afiu & Carra. When I first came in the hall I saw our teacher for boxing and her name is Mrs. Pat, She looks like an Indian person to me and she's really good at English. Before we did some boxing lesson she thought as what's the 3 rules/commandments:

1.) I will have respect for myself, my coach, my peers and the sport of boxing the.
2.) I will have discipline myself and turn up to every boxing sessions and give my 100%.
3.) I will not cause harm to others and only practicing boxing in a safe environment under the guidance of a coach.

When we learnt our 3 rules/commandments we have to partner up with someone in the hall,so I partner up with Fa'afiu. After that there was 3 columns, the 3 columns was it depends of how tall u are or short u are.

So the first one was the red column and it's for the shorter people.
The blue column was for the medium shortest people.
The last one is for the tallest people which is the black colour.

Image result for knee taggedAfter that that's when we wear our boxing punches and gloves, then we get to learn what are the steps for boxing. Oh, yeah! (I forgotted) we also play a game called knee tag and that's when u try to tag some one with their knee, if you tagged them they have to do 1 bur-pee.  After the game all of us has to make a line which is front and the back ,Their has to be an equal person in each line. So I was at the very last end and I was facing Hevani.



Image result for Boxing learning
 So the steps for boxing is you have to bend down then you put your 2 arms in-front of your face to protect your face, If you did that then that's great! Next is Mrs. Pat & Aireen will test everyone in the hall if your 2 arms are strong enough, if it's strong enough then they will say yes. For me they say yes and at first I was scared because I was short and weak, Mrs. Pat can just push me easily. Anyways after that we have to bend down and one arm will protect the face and the other arm will do the punch, while punching u also have to twist your knee. So you have practice and if you got it u face the back of u then try it with them. So for me I face Hevani and by the way Hevani was the same Height as me so I don't have to worry.  One person has to do the Hi-5 and the other will do the combo punch, then if Mrs. Pat says swap then we swap. 

Basically that's it but where still not finish, we still haven't talked about what I found challenging,didn't found challenging & what I need to work on next time.

What I found challenging was to punch hard and to find a person that's the same height as me because I was one of the shortest people in my class-room.  What I didn't found challenging was to buddy up with someone in my classroom and she was just right beside me.  What I need to work on next time is to get even more strong and practice boxing at home when I have my spare time.


Questions for u my readers:
Is your kiwi sport boxing? just like mine?
How's my blog?
Here are the 2 different types of questionsπŸ€”


-Don't forget to comment down below-
Many thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment