Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Kia Manawanui learning at the Auckland Museum - Raranga Matihiko Programme by Constance - Part 1

On Tuesday 14th August, half of the Kia Manawanui syndicate went on a trip to the museum, so we can learn more about natural disasters. This was an educational session that helps us learn more about how the disasters are caused and why they are caused.

Before we get more into the reflection, here are our instructors names.
Tom, Aaron, Wendy & Angelina.

Something I really enjoyed at the museum was the volcanic room. The volcanic room is a room that lets us experience what it may feel like during a volcanic eruption. The ground was shaking, a volcano was being formed from underground and the NEWS had been shown to tell us what is currently happening.








What I didn't enjoy was looking at one gallery. Honestly, what I really wanted/thought we would have done at the museum was look at all the galleries. But, then I remembered that we were there to look at natural disasters.
In the future,
I would like to look around the whole museum as I haven't visited all galleries before.

At the museum we had so many activities, such as:
Virtual Reality (V.R)
Tinker Cad
Robots
Stop Motions
Green Screens & also painting 3D.






Out of all of those activities, my favourite was the V.R. This was because, I got to experience a whole new world and I also got to draw 3D pictures. The V.R made the mystery world feel real.

Next time we go to the museum(Friday), we will be creating movies that relate to natural disasters. The natural disaster me and my partner used was 'Earthquakes', because we know more facts and information about Earthquakes.

















Also, the objects we will be using to help with our movie is :
The robot, Stop Motion and also the green screen.
Something I am imaging the movie to look like:
Is, we will use stop motion and clay to create our people and earthquake. It will be laid on the floor.
The robot is to record the after math, and will stop at each destination to give us a good look at what happens to buildings and cars.
And the green screen will give us a background for our movie.
I am also thinking about a (voice over), to help people understand how Earthquakes occur, before, during and after.
















Honest opinion,
Now thinking about friday's session, I am excited more for that day than today.
Because I get to work instead of walking around and learning about volcanoes.

The Museum was so fun!
For more information about the museum, click the link below!
MUSEUM INFO

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed!
Have a nice strike day!

#SHOUTOUTTOAUCKLANDMUSEUM
#WENDYTOMAARONANGELINA - for your help
#TEACHERS

No comments:

Post a Comment