Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Our learning experiences at the Auckland Museum by Grace


Kia ora and greetings to you all! Welcome back to my blog! I was really excited for today! Why? Well it is because we are going to the museum! This is not my first time going, but this would be my second. When we got there our instructors, Angelique and Wendy took us to a room. We got to experience different types of technologies, such as: Green screen, Robots, Stop motion, VR( Virtual Reality), Tinkercad and Paint 3d. We got split into groups so it could be fair, so that each one gets a turn.







My favourite one would have to be the Paint 3d.  I rather prefer using the Paint 3d because it is easy to use and it is similar to how you are drawing on paper. What was even cool about was that instead of using a mouse you use a pen! This might not be cool to you's but to me it was because this was my first time using a technology like this. After we explored all the tools we swamped with the other group that went to the Volcano Exhibit and now it there turn.



There were two guys called Tom and Aaron. They were our instructors who are going to lead us to the Volcano exhibit. Not only that but we knew Tom and Aaron, so it will be more fun! I was full of excitements and I just couldn't wait! During our walk to the exhibit we got to see other things like etc Old Antiques, Dinosaurs, Bugs and more. We got to choose a buddy and we both had to work on a worksheet while we were there.  As you might guessed who I buddied with, yes it was Edith.  Before we even do the study and all that, Tom and Aaron decided we should do something fun! So we waited patiently outside the Volcano House.  Once it was clear, we all got inside.  It was so clean and nice and comfortable. The news was on, then all of a sudden it turned off. The lights were glitching, and things were starting to shake.  I was a bit frightened but for some reason I was disappointed.  In fact, I thought the shaking was going to be BIG, instead it was a little one.  I didn't really enjoyed it but I didn't want that stopping my day! We got out and we were to do our worksheets.  We had to fill out questions with our buddies. I felt like I was a volcanologist ready to study! It was a bit challenging answering so MANY questions.  What I enjoyed in this session would have to be, when we got to make our own music playing these two rocks( sorry I forgot what they are called), it was really cool because I never knew that rocks could make any sounds like that!





After that, we head back and got ready for lunchtime.  We finished our break and we got back to the room.  In this last session we had to think about what Natural Diasater you want to explain by using one or two of the tecnologies.  You could either choose to work in a pair or a three.  In my group it was Edith and Lydia. We did some planning of what we should do.  We decided to do volcanoes since we learned so much of it with Tom and Aaron.  To share our learning we have chosen to use 3d Paint and the VR to present drawings that was related to our topic and then set it on the Green screen, and explain how people are affected by this type of natural diasater and how it occurs.



I have really enjoyed my time at the museum and had so much fun with my classmates!

Question: Have you been to the museum? If not what do you think it looks like?

I hope you enjoy this reflection! 
Feel free to comment down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment