Pages

Friday 3 August 2018

Boxing by Akanesi


IALT: Reflect about our Kiwisport Lesson!

Kia Orana and greetings to you all...
WELCOME BACK TO MY BLOG!

Image result for boxing gif

As you can ALL tell by my title, our Kiwisport for Term 3 is BOXING! I think last year, we had boxing lessons but they were ONLY for year 7 or 8's, if you wanted to join, you can sign up, because it was a programme, not really a Kiwisport. But anyways, since our Kiwisport for this Term is BOXING, we have been learning a LOT about it!

As we arrived to the hall, we met up with our Coach/Instructor who is Pax. She will be the one who will teach us the skills in BOXING, but FIRST, we went over the 3 commandments which was Discipline - To turn up to EVERY boxing session and give 100%, Safety - I will NOT harm others, and ONLY practice in a safe environment with gear under the guidance of a coach, and Respect - Myself, Teacher, Others, and the Coach. Coach Pax said that those rules were VERY important because BOXING is obviously a sport where it includes hurting people but definitely NOT in training!


We learnt how to Jab and Cross. At first, the challenges I faced was trying to get into the CORRECT form where I would be able to Jab and Cross properly, sadly that didn't happen the first time but we all make mistakes so I was fine with it. As I kept doing it, I got use to it and it became FUN!

One thing I enjoyed was Knee Tag, the reason why was because it got pretty competitive with the people I was with but we still managed to do our best. I also partnered up with Demetrius and he said he was "Undefeated" until it took like a minute for me to tag his knee, then was pretty annoyed because he thought I cheap-shotted him, LOL!

Image result for hahaha gif

Question : Have you EVER did boxing?
If so, comment below!

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for MORE blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment