Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Growth Mindset by Syraiah-Lee

Today, we asked to reflect on what having a growth mindset means and how this has an impact on our learning. This year, we have been doing a lot of discussions around “growth” versus “fixed” mindsets. To briefly summarise, individuals who believe their talents can be developed (through hard work, good strategies, and input from others) have a growth mindset. They tend to achieve more than those with a more fixed mindset (those who believe their talents are innate gifts). 

What is really cool about our school is that having a growth mindset is not only important for students, but our teachers also embrace this concept. This has resulted in students taking greater ownership of their learning which encourages a focus on effort rather than intelligence. Our learning takes place in a fun, relaxed environment where our opinions and perspectives are valued. 

I hope that you a learnt something from this brief post. I have included my "growth mindset quote" for the week. Hope you enjoyed reading.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Syraiah, my name is Parwin and I am a year 8 from Yaldhurst Model School. I really liked your blog post because you explained why you did it and what I enjoyed the most was the picture because it was really creative and simple but had a big meaning behind it. I was just sort of looking through to see which blog to comment on and then we saw this, I was just wanting to read it, again, your picture and your quote is so clever! We sort of used to do this when on Thursday's we just write about what went on and stuff that happened that we didn't like and everything but we don't do it anymore. I think that you did an awesome job!


    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is valuable for me and for others. Thanks for sharing your information!
    https://blog.mindvalley.com/growth-mindset-quotes-for-kids

    ReplyDelete