Pages

Thursday 7 May 2020

🧮 Fraction Maths Sums 🧮 by Lily

Talofa lava, Kia orana, Malo E lelei, Bula Vinaka and greeting to you all ! Today I'll be doing a session about my maths which is about word fraction problem, anyways here is the math problem !


Of the 50 students that tried out for the Rippa Rugby team, three-tenths were in Room 2, two-tenths came from Rooms 1 and 3 combined, two-tenths came from Room 4 and the remaining students were from Rooms 7, 6 and 5 combined. How many students came from each group?


First of all to figure out  the missing fraction we have to add up 3/10 + 2/10 + 2/10 = 7/10 + ?/10 = 1w. Well since 7/10 + 3/10 = 1w so that is the missing fraction students in Rm5,6,7


Next I did was 3/10 of 50 =  50 ÷ 10 = 5 × 3 =  15 students in Rm 2 and Rm 5,6,7. After that I figure out what 2/10 of 50 = 50÷ 10  =  5 x 2 = 10 students in Rm 1, 3 and Rm 4

What have I've learnt from this equation ? I've learnt how to divided by the denominator with the whole number and then multiply it which gives you the answer to your equation. 
Now I've understand what the equation meant because everything was so confusing at first but looking at it now it's quite easy am I right or no ?.
Einstein Math GIF - Einstein Math Maths - Discover & Share GIFs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of my blog : What is your equation you're solving today ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment