Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2020

📘BODMAS - The Order of Operations📘


IALT: Blog about Algebraic Computations

Yesterday for Maths, Room 9 learned about BODMAS which is an acronym for:

BODMAS Explained - Order Of Mathematical Operations


BODMAS is a Mathematical Operation that you would use to solve an equation. Here is an example of a BODMAS question: 

6 - ( 9 - 2) + 3 x 6

Before learning about BODMAS I always thought that you simply solve the question in the order that it is presented. But then I discovered the BODMAS principles and how you should apply it when solving equations. This is how I would normally solve the question before I learned about BODMAS:

6 - 9

But since I couldn't do that I would get stuck in the equation and the answer would've been wrong. After learning about BODMAS and what it is, this is how I would solve the problem:
6 - ( 9 - 2) + 3 x 6
Simplify:
6 - 7 + 3x6
6 - 7 + 18
6 - 7 + 18
24 - 7 
= 17 

Image result for maths gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really enjoy learning about BODMAS because it teaches me how to solve various equations using multiple operations. I can't wait to learn more about BODMAS!
Question of the blog: Have you ever learned about BODMAS? How has it helped you in your Mathematical Learning?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to give me some POSITIVE feedback and feedforward! Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment