Pages

Thursday 30 April 2020

Fraction Word Sums

Hola readers and welcome back to my blog !  Today I'll be doing a stage 7/8 fraction word problem. Four-sixths of the books on the shelf are picture books. The other 24 books on the shelf are non-fiction books. How many picture books are there?


So firstly what I did was figure out 4/6 + n/6 = 1whole which is 4/6 + 2/6 = 1whole. I used n as the variable because I am trying to figure out what the missing number is. Next was finding out what 1/6 = ? and then I figure out 2/6 = 24  so that means 1/6 = 12. 

Thirdly, what i did was to calculate what the value of 4/6 is. I calculated that 4/6 = 48 so there are 48 picture books. This problem is about solving word fractions, it was very simple because the hints and clues just made it more easier to solve this equation and I hope you've learnt something  new from this equation tonight !
Maths Classes GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
Figure It Out What GIF by HyperX - Find & Share on GIPHY
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of my blog : Have you learnt any maths today ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Nighttyyy!!:)
Bye:)

No comments:

Post a Comment