Pages

Sunday 4 November 2018

Kiwisport - Term 4 - by Akih

Flag Football - KiwiSport!
Today in Kia Manawanui Syndicate we finally have kiwi sport!
 This is the first time we have kiwi sport for Term 4. For our kiwi sport we had flag football, what I could say is that, rugby and flag football is the sameWe walked into the field where 2 coaches were, their names were Coach Will and Coach Carl. So we had to be in a circle and they taught us how to jog then jump which is called chopping on the spot, so what u have to do is when they call out? (I forgot) u have to jump then jug again as fast as u can, for me I think that was like our team chant or something which is I don't know..  

After that they teaches us how to hold the ball,how to catch and throw, before they teaches us, the girls and boys has to be splited up in half, then three girls has to line up in one of the cone and same for the boys but it has to be four boys in one cone unlike the girls it's three because it was an even number, the girls was in the right side and the boys was in the left side. Also I forgot to mention that both sides had one coach, so in the girls group we had Coach Will and in the boys group they had Coach Carl. So one person has to be a the front and 2 person has to be at back which is Edith and Coralee, and so the team. After that two coaches started to teach us how to hold the ball, how to catch and throw.  

First they taught us how to throw the ball and hold the ball. For me it was very challenging because how the bottom of the ball or the point has to face the front to have a good and high throw, for me it was very challenging but as I tried and tried I started to find it easy and the coaches also helped us by looking how we throw. For a couple of while it started to rain at first we ignored but then it started to rain more and more so that's when we headed inside the hall. The coaches we're worried because of how small the space but they solved it out. So we continued learning how to throw the ball and hold the ball.

 About 5 minutes or 6 minutes later we we're learning how to catch the ball, I found it more challenging but I tried my best. Me and Edith swapped places because she saw having difficulties to learn catching the ball and she was a good mate, so we continued. I saw another girl team and they we're really good at catching,throwing and holding the ball, I was very impressed by how they show teamwork. What I could say about my group is that we all tried our best and we didn't complain about how we throw,catch or hold the ball. 

Image result for footballOur lesson was done but we still had 3 minutes or 4 minutes left? So we decided to play a game of football. What I loved about playing the game is that they where no out's and u can throw the ball as how u throw to be. One of the coaches saw that it wasn't raining outside so played the game outside but only 2 rounds of game, then the rain has come back again, so we have to be at the hall again. Also the coaches had to even the teams and playing the game was like netball because when u have the ball u can't run or walk u have to throw to someone. What I found difficult playing the game is my height because I'm short and lots of my classmates are tall and fast but my friend cheered me up, so I cheered myself up. 

That's all and if you wan't check Edith and Faa'fiu blog post (CLICK HERE - Coralee)
(CLICK HERE - Edith). You can comment and give them a feedback. If you have any questions fill free to leave a comment down below. 

Many thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment